Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Awesomest night ever.... ok, maybe not ever, but you get the picture.

Ahhh... Life is good. I just got back from a Hawk Nelson and Revive concert. If you've never heard of Revive... Check them out! They are awesome. and Australian, what makes them doubly awesome. ^_^

Anyway, concert. So we got there, and we actually got to stand pretty close to the stage. And we wait for about 30 minutes or so, and then Revive comes out. Now, like I said, they are awesome on their CD's... but they are even better in concert. For only knowing about them for 4 days, I was a very happy person. hehe I got lots of pictureses and a vid too... I just need to upload them to me computer. Who knows, I might post some of them on here. *shrugs* Anyway. They play, pretty much all of my favorite songs. Then they go off.

After that, Kent Matthews (the guy from KSBJ, our radio station) comes out and squirts us with these heavy-duty water guns. XD XD It felt sooo nice. It was pretty funny too, because they had beach balls, inflatable fish and even an... INFLATABLE CRAYON! Being tossed around in the croud. heh, people were aiming it at Jason (Hawk Nelson dude) and throwing them at him. And he didn't seem to notice at all. *laughs*


(Pic of Jason with inflatable crayon... as if you couldn't tell. :P but yeah, that's how close we were. No zoom.)


And so, he does that. And then, Hawk Nelson (and the singer's name isn't actually Hawk... tis Jason. *shrugs* idk why it's called Hawk Nelson) comes on. He's really good at being entertaining. XD Twas so much fun to watch him.

It was pretty annoying though, because people kept having... basically human tug-of-war (at least, that's what Jenny and C call it). They would push people around... it was really annoying. And C counted 17 people who "crowd surfed". I actually knew one of the people who accidentally kicked Tricia and me in the head... we are going to fuss at him Sunday. XD

but! It was soooo funny! Ok, we are standing there waiting, and these two guys were standing next to us. And I have my back to them, and one of them says, "You know... we should go up to someone with a chair, sit in it and tell them, 'Hey, I wanted to talk to you about Jesus.'" Then the guy next to him says, "yeah, and they would say, 'No you didn't! You just wanted my chair!'" heh, Tricia and I were laughing soooo hard.

But so, during the "human-tug-of-war", those two same guys happened to be standing next to us. (somehow... they were the entire time, even thought we kept moving up. *shrugs*) but they stood between us and the pushing, and took it all. Which we thought was nice. Chivalry and all that!! XD

so, after the concert, we go get things signed. And I usually tend to print out stickers with the band's logo on it, so I can stick it on my guitar case. And I get Hawk Nelson to sign one. But then... I go over to Revive to get them to sign theirs... *grins* Tricia is standing in front of me, and Rich (bass player) looks at Tricia's sticker and says, "Where'd you get this?" Tricia points at me and says, "she made them. They're stickers." He grins, "They're stickers? You're awesome!" I got Rich to sign it, and gave him a high five. Then I go to Dave (the singer) and he says, "These are stickers? And you made this? Wow, you're legit!" (apparently, it means cool) So I high fived Dave. Then I moved to AJ (the guitar player)... Now, AJ is the funniest and coolest in the band. He tells me, "You're really impressive, making these." Then he leans forward and whispers to Tricia and me, "You guys are the coolest here." *grins* Then I high fived AJ, and then moved to Mike (the drummer). And he says, "Theses are really neat. It was a good idea to make these." I high five him and walk over to the side to wait for C and Jenny. While I'm standing there, Mike turns to me and says like... two more times, "Those are REALLY cool" XD XD *is very happy* *sigh* It was sooo cool. I'm never going to forget that Aussies called me awesome. heh

Then later, we are standing at the dip-in-dots getting water, and this guy says, "Bye." To me. I turned to see who it was, and one of the Hawk Nelson guys (either the bass player or guitar player) had half stopped, half kept walking, turned and looked at ME and told ME specifically, "Bye." I was shocked. I said, "Bye!" and waved. it was pretty cool, because I hadn't even said anything significant to him, yet he stops to say bye. heh, it was... like I said, pretty awesome.

*sigh* So yes, it was an awesome night, that I hope to NEVER forget. ^_^

c y'all later!
Misty

1 comment:

  1. i agree! one of the best nights ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete